The Money Pig is here to help you find the best broadband deals. You can use our comparison tool to help you find the best broadband deals in your area, with the best range of add-ons, features, and of course, the lowest possible price. Before you use our tool, read this guide to help you understand what to look for, and how to know what the best broadband deal looks like.
What is the Best Broadband Deal?
The best broadband deal is the one that suits you.
If you live alone and don’t have a Netflix or Amazon Prime subscription, the best broadband deal will look different than for a group of friends who share a place and are avid streamers and gamers.
You may also want to take out a TV package with your broadband deal or avoid paying for a landline that you last used 10 years ago.
When you search for the best broadband deals with The Money Pig, you can use the filters on our tool to whittle down dozens of packages to the ones that are relevant to you.
What are the Best Broadband Deals Available in Your Area?
Different broadband packages and speeds will be available depending on where you live.
95% of UK households can now receive fibre broadband and superfast speeds of over 30MB.
However, not all providers cover all areas. For example, if you live in a rural area, you may not be able to get a Virgin Media broadband deal with an add-on TV package.
You don’t need to worry about finding a great deal only to discover you can’t get it with The Money Pig.
Simply tell us your postcode when you get started with our comparison tool, and we’ll show you deals that are guaranteed to be available where you live.
What to Look Out for to Get the Best Broadband Deal
There are several factors to consider when shopping around for the best broadband deal. Remember, the best deal is different for everyone. Think about which of the following factors are most important to you to help you find the best deal.
- Monthly Price. How much do you want to pay for your broadband services each month?
- Setup Costs. Are you happy to pay a setup, delivery, or activation fee for your broadband?
- Minimum Contract. Do you want to lock in a great price for a longer period, or would you rather have the flexibility to change providers earlier?
- Broadband Speed. How fast a connection do you need? What do you use the internet for?
- Broadband Plus Bundles. Are you shopping around just for broadband? Are you looking to add a TV or landline calls package, too?
- Gifts & Signup Incentives. Are any providers offering a gift card or another incentive to signup?
What Broadband Speed Do I Need?
It’s easy to opt for the fastest available broadband package by default. However, if you don’t watch much online content, and use the internet for reading the news, for example, then you will be able to save money on a cheaper, slower broadband deal without noticing much difference in the speeds you receive.
What Broadband Speeds Can I Get?
A vast range of broadband speeds are available across the UK, with some providers now offering ultrafast and hyperfast packages with speeds up to 1GB!
To make choosing the best broadband deal as easy possible, we’ve split the speeds you can get into four categories.
- Basic Broadband, up to 30MB. Most broadband providers’ basic packages offer speeds of around 10MB, but some now go as high as 25MB. These packages are great if you rarely use the internet or use it just for social media and reading news and blogs.
- Superfast Broadband, 30MB – 60GB. Many broadband providers offer two tiers of superfast broadband, with this being the first. These broadband speeds are great if you live with others and internet use is spread throughout the day. You may see some slowdown if you’re all using the internet to stream or play games at once.
- Superfast Broadband, 60GB – 100GB. This is the second tier of superfast broadband, with some providers offering these speeds as standard, although it is currently more common for providers to have their fastest package at around 66GB. Broadband at these speeds are often only a few pounds per month more expensive than those in the tier below, so represent great value.
- Ultrafast and Hyperfast Broadband, over 100GB. UK broadband providers are increasingly moving into this market. Prices are again fairly competitive at this level, and such broadband speeds can be useful if you need a fast connection to work from home, or live with several others who regularly stream content, use the internet for gaming, or have several devices connected to the internet at a time.
Do I Really Get These Speeds?
Ofcom rules stipulate that at least 50% of users must be able to get the advertised average broadband speed at peak times. Effectively, this means you have at worst a 50/50 chance of getting the speed advertised.
Many providers offer speed guarantees that can help you get some money off your bill if you don’t get the advertised speeds. However, it’s worth noting that you’re unlikely to notice a small drop off in speed. At the same time, you can check out our broadband reviews once you’ve found a provider to discover whether those offering the best broadband deals give you the speeds they advertise.
Discovering the Best Broadband Deals with The Money Pig
The best broadband deal looks different for everyone. What does it look like for you?
Get started with our comparison tool today and get the best broadband deal at the lowest possible price!