With so many internet service providers (ISPs) in the UK, it’s never been easier to find a great home broadband deal. From ISPs that are household names to brands that you may not even know supply home broadband, you will usually be able to find a deal to suit you.
Finding the best home broadband deal is comfortable with The Money Pig. You can use our comparison tool to filter home broadband deals based on several variables, from the price you want to pay to the broadband speed you need.
How Do Home Broadband Deals Work?
Thankfully, it is typical for ISPs to include line rental in the overall broadband cost. You will also usually get inclusive unlimited weekend and evening call time minutes to UK based mobiles and landlines. Therefore, even if you never use your landline telephone, you’re not paying any more for it, and you also have some free stuff on top of your home broadband.
If you use your landline regularly, you will be able to add unlimited anytime minutes and even international calls with some ISPs. These features can be ideal if you work from home.
As well as taking advantage of a landline being a necessity, you can also bundle home broadband with other products.
However, you can also add a mobile phone contract to your TV deal. Again, these deals are generally available from the three providers above.
ISPs that offer bundle deals typically allow you to build your broadband bundle. You can choose to add all three of landline calls, TV, and mobile phone, or a combination of these products.
What are the Benefits of Home Broadband Bundles?
Taking out a home broadband bundle can have many benefits:
- You receive all your services from one provider instead of three or four.
- You only pay one bill instead of several per month.
- You might get exclusive deals or discounts by taking additional products from the same ISP.
When you’re looking for home broadband, if you’re considering taking out other services, take the time to compare the price of bundle deals to if you were to take out each service individually. When using our comparison tool, you can choose to view:
- Broadband only deals.
- Broadband and TV deals.
- Broadband and phone deals.
What’s the Best Home Broadband Deal?
The best home broadband deal is the one that suits you. Let’s forget about bundle deals for now and focus solely on what you should look for from your home broadband.
You’ll be able to factor most of these variables into your search via the filters in our comparison tool, and also view specific incentives and setup fees charged by each ISP.
When searching for home broadband, look out for:
- Monthly Contract Price. Your monthly cost for home broadband. Our comparison tool will give you two prices: the in-contract monthly price, and the out of contract monthly price. The in-contract monthly amount will be cheaper. Your ISP has to inform you when you’re coming to the end of your contract, so you should never find yourself paying the higher monthly amount.
- Setup or Delivery Fees. Many ISPs now offer free installation, although sometimes those that do charge a setup or delivery fee have a lower monthly cost. If you’re going for ultrafast or hyperfast broadband, a setup or delivery fee typically applies as standard as you may need a specific router to help provide your services.
- Minimum Contract Terms. A good rule of thumb with home broadband is the longer the contract, the cheaper the monthly cost. At the same time, you may not want to lock yourself into a 24-month contract with the same provider. Think about whether you want to fix your price or have the flexibility to change ISPs sooner. With home broadband technology improving and potential speeds increasing all the time, a shorter contract might give you a good balance between value pricing and the flexibility to switch to a faster service later.
- Home Broadband Speed. The speed of connection you need will depend on several factors, including how you use the internet and the number of people in your household. Though 96% of UK households can access superfast fibre broadband, you might only require a basic ADSL connection if you live alone and rarely go online.
Not Every Broadband Package May Be Available in Your Area
While most ISPs have excellent coverage across the UK, not every broadband package may be available where you live. For example, while Virgin Media offer some of the fastest home broadband speeds out of all the UK ISPs, their coverage is currently only between 50 – 60% of UK households. Virgin Media delivers its broadband from its proprietary cable network, rather than via BT Openreach, which explains the relatively low coverage proportion.
When you use our comparison tool, we ask for your postcode, so you only see the home broadband deals that are available where you live.
If you live somewhere that can’t receive superfast broadband, you will only see ADSL home broadband deals. Otherwise, you’ll see all the superfast home broadband deals available where you live. In many locations, you will only be able to access speeds between 30MB and 70MB. However, if you live in a major town or city, which are the focus of faster broadband speed roll-outs, you may be able to receive home broadband speeds of over 100MB. If you’re able to receive Virgin home broadband, you might even be able to access speeds of 1GB!
Compare and Find Home Broadband Deals with The Money Pig
Whether you’re looking for home broadband alone or are thinking about a home entertainment bundle deal, The Money Pig can help you find your ideal ISP!
Get started here with our comparison tool to find the great broadband and bundle deals that are available where you live!